Donation Request for Vets and Special Groups
Once again we would like to do something special for our recovering veterans, and 2 other special groups. We want to ship out in early December so we have about 6 weeks to gather some warm knitted items.
We donate to:
1. American Veterans recovering in hospitals and homes. We will be working with American Veterans, Washington, DC. From here, your donations will be distributed to other veteran hospitals in cold climates across the USA.
2. Women to Women International helping moms with small children. We also donate looms and yarn to these women in hopes that they can learn to work on the looms and acquire an income stream with their knitting. View this organization at www.womenforwomen.org for more information.
3. Native American children’s home and school in South Dakota. There are so many of these type of facilities to work with and we may add another this year. Right now our focus is St Joseph’s Indian School in Chamberlain, SD. Visit them at www.stjo.org
If everyone would knit up just one warm hat, scarf, or mittens, or socks, it would be great and so much appreciated by the recipients. If you would like to participate, you can send your item along with your personal note, if desired, to us:
Authentic Knitting Board Co
Attn: Pat Novak
60 Carysbrook Rd
Fork Union, VA 23055
Thank you to all of you for a great year in knitting, and for being a part of this annual drive to keep everyone warm. Please send your knitting item by December 10, 2013.
Leave a comment
Great News! We would like to introduce and welcome Isela Phelps to Knitting Board Chat. Isela is a loom knitting pro, been an avid loom knitter for over 10 years, and has written 6 loom knitting books, several have been best sellers long standing. She has written for various publications for both loom knitting and needle knitting and has appeared on national television, in the ever popular Knitty Gritty show with Vickie Howell.
We are so excited that she will be joining us here at Knitting Board Chat, sharing her vast loom knitting knowledge, patterns and ideas. Watch for exciting Knit-Alongs, fun techniques and real life solutions to everyone’s inquiries. You will learn so much from her vast knowledge of techniques, videos, stitches and more. We are really looking forward to seeing it all. We feel confident that you will, also. So stay tuned, and join the fun with Isela.
Leave a comment
- Bethany Dailey on Loom FAQs: To Slip or Not To Slip? That is the Frequently Asked Question.
- elaine on Loom FAQs: To Slip or Not To Slip? That is the Frequently Asked Question.
- Jenny Stark on Whimsical Loom Knits – April 2015
- Bethany Dailey on Whimsical Loom Knits – April 2015
- Jenny Stark on Zoey’s Toesies